The Health Policy Institute is hosting a forum Sept. 15 titled “State policymaking at the intersection of education and health.”
At age 25, U.S. adults without a high school diploma can expect to die 9 years sooner than college graduates. This forum will explore the strong relationship between education and health with a focus on state-level opportunities to improve health policy in ways that will support early childhood and k-12 education goals, such as third grade reading proficiency, as well as education policies likely to improve child health and well-being.
- Peggy Lehner, Ohio General Assembly
- Hedy Chang, Attendance Works
- Damon Jones, Bennett Pierce Prevention Research Center
- Richard Hodges, Ohio Department of Health
- Emily Zimmerman, Virginia Commonwealth University